10 Reasons Why Suppliers Sell Thru Wholesalers
- Transportation efficiencies. Wholesalers bring in volume shipments from suppliers and efficiently deliver items directly to many different retailers.
- Wholesalers break bulk. Manufacturers focus on quality and efficiency, not small packaging and small shipments. Wholesalers break bulk so retailers get the appropriate quantity.
- Just-in-time inventory. By selling through wholesalers, manufacturers bring their inventory closer to where the product is needed and give retailers more ordering flexibility.
- Consolidated sourcing. With one call to a wholesaler, retailers can access a wide variety of sources, and manufacturers can sell to hundreds of florists.
- Broad-based sourcing. Wholesalers source from around the world to many retailers so manufacturers can sell the "occasional" demand for their product.
- Local market knowledge. Wholesalers link manufacturers with thousands of retailers that the manufacturers wouldn't reach on their own.
- Lines of credit. Attempting to extend long-distance credit would financially expose manufacturers, but wholesalers can extend credit to local retailers.
- Sales staff. Wholesalers introduce new products and recommend existing products, extending the sales reach of many manufacturers.
- Daily contact with customers. Wholesalers are in regular contact with retailers so the manufacturers' products are consistently promoted and easily available.
- Onsite product inspection. Wholesalers allow manufacturers to satisfy, not frustrate, retailers by offering onsite inspection of product.