Education & Events
Retail Florist of the Year
For the 15th consecutive year, Florists' Review and the Wholesale Florist & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA) are seeking the most outstanding traditional fresh flower retailers in the United States and Canada for our annual "Retail Florist of the Year" contest.
For a Wholesaler Nomination Form, Click Here.
What We're Looking For?
Qualified applicants for "Retail Florist of the Year' will be judged on:
- Visual merchandising and display, store design, and image
- Advertising, marketing and promotional efforts
- Wedding and events
- Customer service policies and programs
- Employee benefits and training
- Fresh flower selection and quality
- Community and industry involvement
- Overall business achievement
Three additional florists will receive recognition for their outstanding efforts, one florist in each of the following categories:
- Outstanding Visual Merchandising And Display - Awarded to the florist who displays the best presentation in the following areas of the shop: showroom / sales floor, in-store and window display, cooler, checkout counter design room / workroom.
- Outstanding Advertising, Marketing And Promotions - Awarded for the most effective print advertising (newspaper, magazine, Yellow Pages, etc.); direct mail and e-mail marketing and promotions (postcards, coupons, event invitations, fliers, etc.); in-store promotions and other events; Web site; etc.
How Are The Winners Chosen?
Entries are judged by a committee comprising the current WF&FSA president, Florists' Review's publisher and editorial director, the reigning "Retail Florist of the Year" and another respected wholesale supplier and/or retail florist.
Along with fame among peers and in the community, the "Retail Florist of the Year" winner will receive:
- A keepsake plaque engraved with his or her shop's logo
- A trip for two, including complimentary airfare, hotel and registration, to the 2016 WF&FSA Conference.
- Recognition at a special breakfast ceremony at the Conference.
- A feature article in the June 2016 issue of Florists' Review and on http://www.floristsreview.com/
The recipients of the Outstanding Visual Merchandising and Display, Outstanding Marketing and Promotions, and Outstanding Community Involvement categories also will receive keepsake plaques and be featured in issues of Florists' Review and on http://www.floristsreview.com/