Leland T. Kintzele (LTK)
Distinguished Service Award
Do you know any exceptional individuals in the wholesale floral industry? If so, nominate him or her for the Leland T. Kintzele Distinguished Service Award!
The Leland T. Kintzele Distinguished Service Award was established to recognize and honor individuals who have made or continue to make substantial contributions in the floral industry and have shown distinguished service that exemplifies the integrity, fairness, perseverance and decisiveness of Leland T. Kintzele, president of WF&FSA from 1963 to 1965.
The LTK Award is presented to one individual who meets the following four criteria:
- Exhibits distinguished service that exemplifies the integrity, fairness, perseverance and decisiveness of Leland T. Kintzele, president of WF&FSA from 1963 to 1966.
- Demonstrates dedication, ability and initiative to a degree that sets him or her apart from contemporaries; is known in the industry and is beyond personal or professional reproach.
- Has made significant contributions to the welfare and progress of wholesale florists in particular and the floral industry in general, making a substantial and lasting impact on the industry.
- Was or continues to be a member and supporter of WF&FSA.
Any member may nominate an individual to receive the award. Companies are not eligible. Nominations must include specific reasons for the nomination and be accompanied by at least two corroborating letters of recommendation. The final selection of the award recipient will be at the sole discretion of the WF&FSA Board of Directors. The recipient of this prestigious honor will receive a distinctive award created especially for WF&FSA.
The LTK award is presented at each year's WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference in Miami, Fl.
Please direct any questions and nominations to Molly Mullins.
Recipients of the LTK Award are listed below:
Retail Florist of the Year
For many years, Florists' Review and the Wholesale Florist & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA) are pleased to partner to recognize outstanding traditional fresh flower retailers in the United States and Canada for our annual "Retail Florist of the Year" contest.
The application process will open in January 2020 but check out the criteria below.
What We're Looking For?
Qualified applicants for "Retail Florist of the Year' will be judged on:
- Visual merchandising and display, store design, and image
- Advertising, marketing, and promotional efforts
- Wedding and events
- Customer service policies and programs
- Employee benefits and training
- Fresh flower selection and quality
- Community and industry involvement
- Overall business achievement
How Are The Winners Chosen?
Entries are judged by a committee comprising the current WF&FSA president, Florists' Review's publisher and editorial director, the reigning "Retail Florist of the Year" and another respected wholesale supplier and/or retail florist.
Along with fame among peers and in the community, the "Retail Florist of the Year" winner will receive:
- A keepsake plaque engraved with his or her shop's name
- A trip for two, including complimentary airfare, hotel and registration, to WF&FSA's Annual Floral Distribution Conference.
- Recognition during the Conference's General Session.
- A feature article in an issue of Florists' Review and on http://www.floristsreview.com/