Changes Are in Store for the Floral Distribution Conference
Molly Alton Mullins, WF&FSA Executive Vice President
Each year hundreds of wholesale florists and floral suppliers attend FDC, WF&FSA’s Floral Distribution Conference. This event has taken place for many years in Miami and attendance continues to grow, to more than 770 wholesale floral professionals in 2017. WF&FSA leadership is very proud of this success and wants to ensure that FDC continues to meet the needs of the ever-evolving WF&FSA membership and industry at large. So what does this mean? Well, some big changes are coming to FDC.
So, what’s about to happen?
Wholesaler Incentives. We want to encourage more wholesalers to attend FDC and experience all the exceptional growers, importers, suppliers and partners who exhibit at the Table Tops.
How will WF&FSA encourage more wholesalers to attend?
- WF&FSA will offer a buy-one, get-one incentive for ALL attending wholesalers. This has never been done before and will provide an opportunity for more wholesalers at the show.
- Any wholesaler who has not attended FDC since 2010 will be allowed to attend the show free of charge to see firsthand everything FDC has to offer.
- To help reduce additional costs, WF&FSA will also provide a contest for a free hotel stay open to all registered wholesalers. All wholesaler promotions will run through June 15.
What other changes are in store?
Table Tops. We want to protect and promote the exceptional suppliers who purchase Table Tops and ensure the best possible experience for all WF&FSA attendees.
- Only WF&FSA members will be able to secure Table Tops in 2018. This will provide an opportunity to properly vet each company through WF&FSA’s membership criteria. And, you save money exhibiting as a member which makes it a win-win for everyone!
- Only suppliers affiliated with a WF&FSA-approved exhibiting Table Top company will be allowed to enter the Exhibition Hall. No other suppliers will be allowed in the Table Tops.
- WF&FSA is also working to attract additional types of suppliers that do business with WF&FSA members. Look for new exhibitors in 2018!
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Last year we heard from some attendees that it was difficult to attend FDC as it overlapped with the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit. As a result, we shifted FDC one day earlier this year (October 16-18 instead of October 17-19, 2018) to avoid a direct overlap, among other changes. Stay tuned as there is more to come.
Please know we take your comments and suggestions very seriously and we want to ensure we plan an event that benefits ALL WF&FSA members. Please look for FDC registration to open in early May and we encourage wholesalers to register early to take advantage of these money-saving incentives.
If you have comments, I would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you in Miami this October for an exceptional FDC 2018!
Molly Alton Mullins is the Executive Vice President of WF&FSA. Contact Molly at email@example.com or 410-940-6360.